Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is complex. You can have impeccable rankings in terms of traffic and CTR today but sometimes dramatic turn of events can happen overnight.
Ranking drops can be caused by anything, from Google’s sudden algorithm change to a poorly written content. It is important that you do not panic and look for the causes and solutions.
In today’s article, we will cover some methods that can save your rankings. Here are some simple yet effective Search Engine Optimization (SEO) guides that can help you recover from a drop in rankings or traffic:
- Is it a Google algorithm update?
Google often updates their algorithm silently. The great news is there are different SEO companies that are dedicated to tracking down these changes.
Are there any Search Engine Optimization articles that discussed the changes in Google’s algorithm during the time you noticed the changes in your ranking? You can check out these sites:
- Search Engine Land
- Search Engine Watch
Once you figured out the changes, you can now talk with your team and devise a plan to adhere to the sudden changes or hire the best SEO company to do this for you.
- Did you do any changes on the affected page?
If you changed some pages in your site, Google might consider your target keywords to be irrelevant as it used to be.
- Did you change the URL of your page?
- Do not change URLs because they serve as unique identifiers for Google. Even if your content is just the same, the new URL means a new page.
- Did you remove your target keywords from the page title, H1 or H2?
- Is the density of your target keywords in your page lower than before?
- Can Google read the contents on my page?
- – Try to check it at Google’s cache by searching for cache:www.yourdomain.com/your-page.
- Does Google have access to your site? Look for the server and crawl reports at Google Search Console.
- Your competitors outranked you.
Your rankings may have changed overnight because your competitor’s page got stronger or weaker. You can use your ranking tool to compare the rankings of your competitor and your page. As you check their rankings, answer the following guide questions:
- Which competitors gained or lost their ranking?
- Did your competitor gain or lose inbound links, change their page, or do any changes in their internal link structure?
The benefit of analyzing your competitors can help you understand what SEO techniques work. They did all the research and tested a new strategy, and all of their efforts were paid off. Go and imitate them, but try to do it better than them.
These are just a few of the issues that may have affected your rankings. There are several factors we have not discussed yet.
Hire the Best SEO Company
If those tips fail, you can always contact the best digital marketing company that offers the most effective and up-to-date Search Engine Optimization techniques. Authority Solutions has been in the industry for several years and they have delivered impeccable results for their clients.
At Authority Solutions, our team of SEO experts offers the highest quality services to our clients with strategic recommendations to grow their business that are tailored to meet their unique and specific needs. We have always made it clear that great SEO solutions can also be affordable SEO solutions with the SEO services we offer.
To reclaim your site’s authority, contact us and hire the best SEO company.